2 x Iberico loin steaks
150g panko breadcrumbs
100g grated parmesan
100g crushed hazelnuts
100g plain flour
2 whole eggs
350g shredded savoy cabbage
150g smoked bacon lardons or finely chopped smoked streaky bacon
150g sliced banana shallots
50ml white wine
100ml double cream
Salt and pepper to season
For the schnitzel
- Gently bash the pork steaks between two sheets of parchment paper to flatten ever so slightly, so that they're roughly an inch thick.
- In three separate wide, shallow bowls, place the beaten eggs, the flour and then the panko breadcrumbs with the hazelnuts, parmesan and a small pinch of salt and pepper.
- Firstly, coat the pork in the flour, then into the egg wash and then finally into the panko breadcrumb mix.
- Leave to rest in the fridge for at least one hour before cooking.
- To cook, melt 25g of butter in a good non-stick frying pan and fry the pork for 2-3 minutes on each side until the crumb is golden brown. Your meat should be tender and slightly pink.
- Serve immediately on top of the creamy bacon and savoy cabbage.
For the creamed bacon and savoy cabbage
- In a pan fry the bacon lardons with 25g of butter, until golden brown.
- Reduce the heat and add the sliced shallots, cooking on a low heat until soft.
- Add the shredded cabbage and white wine, cooking on a medium heat until the cabbage has fully wilted.
- Add the double cream and reduce until it coats the back of the spoon.
- Check for seasoning, remembering the saltiness of the bacon should season it a little.
- Serve with the schnitzel on top and devour!