Wonderfully sweet lamb, with a fresh, summery salad!
- 1 Lamb rump
- 100g of feta cheese
- 20ml cider vinegar
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- 30ml honey
- A handful of pumpkin seeds
- A selection of your favourite baby beets (golden, candied and red)
For the salad:
- Cut the shoots from the baby beetroot and put them on a tray lined with rock or sea salt.
- Cover the tray with foil and bake them at 160°C for around one hour (or until they are soft).
- For the last 35 minutes of cooking, add the feta whole, wrapped in foil, to the oven. Add the pumpkin seeds, seasoned with salt and olive oil, for the final 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, leave them beetroot to cool before peeling off their skin, cutting them in half and placing in a bowl.
- Add the cider vinegar, oil and honey with a small pinch of salt and mix to cover the peeled beets.
- Finally, crumble the feta into the salad
For the lamb:
- Season well on all sides and place it in a cold non-stick pan with the skin side facing down.
- Place the pan on a medium heat and caramelise the fat until golden brown.
- Seal the remaining sides of the rump before placing it in a pre heated oven at 160°C for 7-8 minutes or until the core temperature reaches 48°C.
- Let the meat rest for a minimum of 5 minutes before carving. It will continue to cook while resting and the temperature should reach 55°C