1. Take the duck out of the fridge 1 hour before cooking to allow it to come up to room temperature.
2. Prick the duck breasts with a fork and season with salt and pepper. IF yo fancy, chop up some rosemary, nutmeg, thyme and orange zest and rub into the skin.
3. Stuff the duck with 2 halves of an orange and any remaining spices, place in deep tray with a trivet and follow one of the two below cooking options.
SLOW ROAST DUCK
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Roast the duck at this temperature for 25minutes
- Reduce the temperature for 120°C, when the temperature has dropped to 120°C return to the oven for 1hr 15 minutes basting every 20 minutes.
QUICK ROAST DUCK
- Start the oven at 200°C
- Roast the duck at this temperature for 90 minutes.
- After one hour take the duck out and slash the legs away from the body in order for the legs to cook quicker.
- Rest the duck for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with a fruity stuffing.
- For an extra sweet finish raise the temperature up to 220°C and rub some honey over the skin and wait for it to caramelise.