HG Walter are an independent family-run butcher committed to changing the way people eat meat. HG Walter have become one of London's most respected butchers, supplying some of the best chefs and restaurants, and of course our loyal customers, with the very best of British meat rating highly in provenance, welfare, and flavour.
HG Walter are looking to add a skilled Poultry Butcher to the team.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Have a high standard of cutting and preparation skills.
- Breaking down whole carcass.
- Boning and preparing joints.
- Portion control.
- Dicing, mincing and packing
- Follow managers instructions throughout.
- Must be able to work well as part of a team.
- Have a positive can-do attitude.
- Good attention to detail.
- Be able to adapt from task to task.
- This is a physically demanding job, must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Be available to start work at 7am, 45-50 hours per week.
- Be organised and able to work in a clean and safe manner.
- Have a positive attitude to work and be flexible regarding working hours.
- Be able to adhere to food safety, ensuring HACCP and CCP'S are maintained and enforced, with good manufacturing practices, reporting any issues where necessary.
- Able to work safely with knives, hand tools, utensils, and other specialist equipment.
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- 10 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- London: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Butchering: 1 year (preferred)