HG Walter are an independent family-run butcher committed to changing the way people eat meat. HG Walter have become one of London's most respected butchers, supplying some of the best chefs and restaurants, and of course our loyal customers, with the very best of British meat rating highly in provenance, welfare, and flavour.
HG Walter are looking to add an Experienced Butcher to the team who has a passion for the trade and is skilled in producing cuts to the highest quality.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Have a high standard of cutting and preparation skills across all species from;
- Breaking down whole carcass.
- Boning and preparing joints.
- Portion control.
- Have experience working within a food manufacturing, factory environment.
- English Spoken.
- Must be able to work well as part of a team.
- Have a positive can-do attitude.
- Keen eye for attention to detail.
- Knowledge of all butchery cuts from all species.
- Be able to adapt from task to task.
- Follow manager's instructions throughout.
- This is a physically demanding job, must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Be available to work 9pm to 7am. 45-50 hours per week
- Be organised and able to work in a clean and safe manner.
- Have a positive attitude to work and be flexible regarding working hours.
- Be able to adhere to food safety, ensuring HACCP and CCP's are maintained and enforced, with good manufacturing practices, reporting any issues where necessary.
- Availability to work onsite with a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to work safely with knives, hand tools, utensils and other specialist equipment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £13.50-£16.00 per hour